Denver Damon Adult Braces
Producing Beautiful, Confident Smiles
Getting your teeth straightened is not only beneficial for a positive self-image and to boost your self-esteem, but it is also physically healthier for your overall oral health and hygiene. Nonetheless, many adults are discouraged by the discomfort and noticeable traditional braces and how long the process can take. Luckily for the patients of Denver, CO, and surrounding communities, our offices at Smile Studio Orthodontics offer the self-ligating Damon braces system for our patients wishing to straighten their smile without the hassle of traditional braces.
How Damon Braces Work
Damon braces are considered self-ligating, meaning the wire contains a built-in mechanism that eliminates the need for elastic bands that tie the wire onto the brackets.
- Using this gentle force slide mechanism, the teeth move more freely as opposed to the stronger friction of tight elastic bands.
- Without the hindrance of these colorful elastic bands, your complete treatment period is shortened and much less evident to the visible eye.
Benefits of Damon Adult Braces
Compared to traditional braces, the Damon system has several benefits that might convince those who might never want to deal with braces to possibly reconsider their journey to a straight smile.
Some of these benefits include:
- No elastic bands. As already mentioned, this greatly reduces friction and allows the teeth to move more naturally and not as forced.
- While any form of brace appliances may cause pain when your teeth are aligning, Damon braces have been shown to induce much less discomfort.
- The treatment time is much shorter than conventional braces, with some cases lasting as quick as 6-8 months, although more severe/complex cases may take longer to complete.
- The materiality and size of the brackets and wiring are much less bulky and more discreet when compared to traditional braces.
- Damon braces are much easier to clean, which helps prevent your hygiene from deteriorating.
- Unlike traditional braces, the Damon system does not require unnerving extractions or painful palatal expanders to prepare for bracket and wiring placement.
I Could Not Be Happier!- Natalie H.
I Am Loving The Results- Asel Z.
I Highly Recommend Them- Lauren M.
They Are Always Professional- Kristin C.
Well Done- Viktoria E.